We are proud to provide a financial incentive to Route 66 Main Street merchants and property owners to improve the exterior of their buildings while retaining the historic character of the district!
Tulsa Route 66 Main Street is offering a Façade Grant Program, matching the investment you make on the exterior of your property dollar-for-dollar. For 2021-22, we have 2 grants available, matching your investment up to $1,000.
December 31, 2021
Notification of Award:
No later than January 31, 2022
Projects must be completed and receipts for reimbursement must be submitted no later than June 1, 2022
Click here to download the application: r66ms-facade-grant-application
- Masonry or mortar joint repair
- Window or door repair/replacement
- Transom and window repair/replacement
- Replacement of architectural details
- Removing non-historic materials (siding that covers windows, bricked-over door openings, removing paint from brick, etc.)
- Exterior painting (except for applying paint to unpainted brick)
- Repair, replacement or addition of awnings
- Exterior lighting and signage
- Other improvements may qualify on a case-by-case basis. Contact Tulsa Route 66 Main Street for more advice.
HOW IT WORKS
- Complete and submit this on-line application by the deadline: December 31, 2021.
- Tulsa Route 66 Main Street will notify grant winners no later than January 31, 2022.
- Make the façade improvements as outlined in this application and submit paid receipts to Tulsa Route 66 Main Street by June 1, 2022.
- Tulsa Route 66 Main Street will reimburse you for 50% of your expenditures up to the grant award amount of $1,000.
- The building must be located within the boundaries of Route 66 Main Street’s program area (green area on map.)
Only commercial properties are eligible.
Your application must be submitted and approved before beginning work. Grants are not awarded for work done prior to approval.
An eligible facade is defined as an individual storefront or side of a building that faces a public street. Separate addresses within a single building may qualify as separate facades.
Once the project is completed, submit paid receipts for the improvements, Route 66 Main Street will verify that the work was done according to the approved project plans before reimbursing funds.
All applicants must be Tulsa Route 66 Main Street Sponsors in order to be considered for the Façade Grant Award.
All decisions and award amounts are made according to the merit of individual projects with the overall goal of maximizing Route 66 Main Street’s investment. Applications which meet the following criteria will be given special consideration:
- Lasting Improvement – High quality improvements that will be durable for years.
- High Visual Impact – Does the work make a dramatic difference in the district?
- Historic/Architectural Integrity – Projects that keep/return a building to its historic appearance will be given special consideration. Grants will not be awarded to projects that cover, damage or remove original architectural detailing.